The threat of global warming is HERE and ever so REAL! And everyone needs to share the burden and start cleaning up their act to alleviate the mounting problem of waste being sent to landfills all over the UK from the workplace.
So how can your company help?
Here are 6 tips to help you cut down on your workplace waste and potentially even save you valuable resources.
- Keep the 5Rs to heart – Always remember “Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle & Raising Awareness”
- Use your paper wisely – You can reuse scrap paper instead of using normal paper In addition, try to print only when needed.
- Segregation is the key – Invest in good quality bins and ensure that your garbages are segregated properly.
- Encourage employees to use reusable cups and mugs – Reusable mugs that can be used for both hot and cold beverages comes in various trendy designs.
- Dispose of old electronic resources properly. Some of their parts can be recycled and others can be repurposed.
- Businesses should have effective waste management programs in place in order to reduce the carbon footprint and protect the environment.
Correct waste management and disposal is a business responsibility. Green Plan-it offers waste recycling services to both local and national businesses within Leicester, Birmingham, West Midlands, Nottingham and all throughout the UK. Our long-term relationships with many of our clients have developed into trust to deliver guaranteed service whilst helping reduce their costs on their waste disposal and management.
Do your share in eliminating waste and cleaning our environment. Visit www.greenplan-it.co.uk