The threat of global warming is HERE and ever so REAL! And everyone needs to share the burden and start cleaning up their act to alleviate the mounting problem of waste being sent to landfills all over the UK from the workplace.
So how can your company help?
Here are 6 tips to help you cut down on your workplace waste and potentially even save you valuable resources.
- Keep the 5Rs to heart – Always remember “Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle & Raising Awareness”
- Use your paper wisely – You can reuse scrap paper instead of using normal paper. In addition, try to print only when needed.
- Segregation is the key – Invest in good quality bins and ensure that your garbages are segregated properly.
- Encourage employees to use reusable cups and mugs – Reusable mugs that can be used for both hot and cold beverages comes in various trendy designs.
- Dispose of old electronic resources properly. Some of their parts can be recycled and others can be repurposed.
- Businesses should have effective waste management programs in place in order to reduce the carbon footprint and protect the environment.
There are a variety of companies available that provide both confidential waste disposal and wee recycling services. This combination of services allows businesses to effively reduce their carbon footprint whilst complying with disposal regulations.
Green Plan-it are an excellent example of a local company that offers waste management services to businesses across Leicester, Nottingham, Birmingham and the West Midlands.
The key to going green in your workplace is to identify the wasted resources and reduce them where possible. In addition, you can choose local suppliers or suppliers with similar values to further reduce your impact on the environment.